Friday, April 4, 2014

Heropanti: What am I watching right now?!

It came too late for my post this morning so here you go!

I've watched this THREE times already and I can't decide what I think about it. Tiger is oddly compelling… in that he has an odd face and it's compelling to watch the way he doesn't move it at all. Did somebody tell him not to "overact"? Did he get botox? What is your secret, Tiger?! But the movie itself looks like a good old fashioned masala romp, which I'm always down with. So, I don't know. I could end up liking Tiger or I could end up hating him.

The heroine is Pooja Chopra level annoying and she grates after 3 minutes. So, hopefully Heropanti will be more action than romance. Tiger's sweet moves seem to be the selling point anyways.

(But he ain't no Vidyut.)

2 comments:

odadune said...

Seen head-on, the kid's face reminds me of a younger Danny Denzongpa for some reason.

It's from the director of Kambakkht(however that's spelled) Ishq, for whatever that's worth.

If it makes you feel any better about the heroine, Sajid Nadiadwala supposedly originally wanted her for Housefull 3; from the way this is likely to tank I don't see her ending up in that.

Bubbles said...

The movie looked like an ode to Jackie's own first movie Hero, with the background flute tune playing out from time to time. Given Jackie spent better part of his career being labelled as a "wooden" actor till Kaash happened don't expect much.

Tiger looks like his mom so just might look like Danny aka north eastern looks! But, I found him looking like Adhyanan Suman though!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl