Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Post: Hello, Good-bye!

Hello and good morning!

Before I get into Bollywood news, I have a small announcement. I've had something very sudden come up and while I deal with it, I won't have time to keep up with my daily posts. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to it sooner rather than later but for the time being, I'll just be posting sporadically--reviews and whatnot.

Thanks for understanding!!

And here we go!


----

Sushant Singh Rajput's success is an inspiration to TV actors. We were just talking about this! Ain't no shame in coming from television and not Darth Chintu's loins...

----

Deepika hopes that she and Ranveer will make an EVEN BETTER film than Ram Leela!

When asked if she is excited to team up with Ranveer again for Bhansali's much-talked project 'Bajirao Mastani', the actress said, "We are still working out the logistics. The only film that I can talk about is Imtiaz Ali's next with Ranbir Kapoor. We start shooting for it in July. Besides this there are a couple of films that are in the pipeline but nothing has been finalized."

And as much as I love this new crop of films with female protagonists, I wish the meme of "heroines never did anything in the past" hadn't taken over. Deepika has the "common wisdom" right here:

Gone are the days when actresses were just treated as prop. There are some really interesting scripts and films being made with actresses playing some strong roles.

It's like… I understand WHY this line of thinking has taken hold but it also diminishes the contribution of actresses like Meena Kumari, Madhubala, Jaya Bhadhuri, Waheeda Rehman, Rakhee… I mean, was Madhuri Dixit in Beta or Khal Nayak just a prop? Was Kajol in DDLJ just a prop? There should be a way to celebrate a film with a strong female lead that doesn't involve mushing every female role that came before it into an 1980s style 20-minute-wet-sari-rape-threat-and-you're-done role.

----

Kangana talks awards:

There are so many award ceremonies these days, almost 15-16. You have to sit for nearly 5-6 hours for each award show, plus spend around two hours for hair and make-up. The awards cost you a lot... It gets expensive," Kangana told reporters last night at an event here.

And Tigmanshu Dhulia says Bullett Raja didn't work but Revolver Rani will. Which reminds me that Bullett Raja is another film on my flops list that I want to see!!

We've got: Shortcut Romeo, Heartless, and Bullett Raja. Line 'em up and knock 'em down! Some streaming service should get on it!

----

This title should read Neil Nitin Mukesh Ecstatic To Be In A Film full stop.

----

Teaser for Happy New Year during IPL opening. SO curious for this one!

----

Darth Chintu talks RK Films:

Sometimes, I wonder what are kind of films work at the box office. I don’t want to name them, since my friends have made them. I might enjoy those movies with popcorn, but I can’t make certain kinds of film. Itna mera dhyaan aur buddhi nahi hai (I don’t have that much focus or intelligence).

Take that, "unnamed" filmmakers! Boom! The guy with the embarrassing rap "item" in Subhash Ghai's latest flop thinks you suck. (Never leave the industry, Rishi-sir. You are too much fun in interviews!)

----

Nargis has a website, which contains a section for her awards or, rather, "award". She also has interesting taste in tweets to RT:


(Hat tip to Mo for this gem. Fair and Lovely should sign her up… nothing beats European genes to get that "porcelain" skin.)

----

Saifu needs to get in shape for Phantom.

----

Another song from The Xpose!

3 comments:

Moimeme said...

Best of luck dealing with life's curve ball. I hope you come out of it intact and well, and soon. I'll miss you and your daily posts, but you must take care of yourself first.

On TV actors making it in Bollywood, why is this even an issue? I mean, one of the biggest stars of the present (and possibly in BW history), came into films on the basis of successful TV series.



Don't know who I mean?


Do the initials SRK ring a bell? :)

odadune said...

Good luck w/ RL stuff, hope it turns out okay.

eliza bennet said...

Best of luck!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl