Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Post: BRAINLESS AND LAME! (Shut up!)

Here's the wonderful thing about doing this blog… every once in a while I get really surprised in my news searches. Like finding out that Todd Freaking Rundgren is apparently covering "Jaan Pehechaan Ho" on his latest tour. I mean, what? Okay!

What am I even listening to right now?

This is my fave Rundgren jam, though. It reminds me of lazy, late summer days just kicking around.


----

Main Tera Hero is apparently a "brainless comedy with lame jokes". YES! Score one for FG! I can't wait!! I love brainless comedies with lame jokes. And I would NEVER joke about that. Fact.

----

I hate these Bollywood keeps copying Hollywood articles more than almost anything else. Except Nargis. I mean, Hollywood copies all the time, too! Everybody copies from each other! And anyways, who cares if two posters are similar or if Himesh happened to really enjoy The Great Gatsby. IT'S A POSTER AND A HIMESH MOVIE, not the end of the world. Stop denigrating your own industry out of some bizarre inferiority-superiority complex and go back to asking numerologists about what Shahrukh making eye contact with Arbaaz Khan at some function means.

I swear. I think some of these guys believe that if they trash Bollywood enough, some Hollywood producer is going to come swooping in like, "YOU! I knew YOU had good taste. You alone amongst a billion people can appreciate my AMERICAN ART! Now let's all sit and watch my latest ripoff of some Korean movie which is based on a Japanese manga which was heavily influenced by American noir. You know, REAL AUTHENTIC ART, not like what you make here. I heard… that a movie poster was similar to a crappy teen movie poster or something. SAY IT ISN'T SO! I have the vapors just thinking about it."

----

Speaking of Hollywood: I'm so afraid of whatever this is. The title alone… Bollywood Superstar Monkey. Sigh.

----

Ruh-roh. A lawsuit filed over the cancellation of IIFA "buzz" events.

Contracts were signed that required AVI to put up a $350,000 advance toward initial costs and for Go Bollywood to pay almost $11 million as part of a rental agreement, the suit says. If events were cancelled, Go Bollywood was to pay AVI $6.4 million, the suit says.

Go Bollywood cancelled the buzz events without explanation in December 2013 and AVI has yet to be compensated, the suit says.

----

Kangana! TOI link but worth it:

"Sonam is one person, whose interviews I love to read, because sometimes she really lets go. But I think she's been a bit more closed now. She used to come up with very exciting interviews."

Me, too, Kangana! Me, too!

----

Sonu Sood playing villain to Mahesh Babu is always worth a look. Same for Ronit Roy playing a baddie. Y'all know I love my villains!

----

Akshay's Gabbar for January next year. But can we wait that long to see the beard in action? Can we?

(I MEAN LOOK AT HIM!)

----

It's too bad Imran doesn't want to work in Hollywood because his low key acting would do quite well there. But he's right about limited roles. I saw the teaser for that new show about Silicon Valley and there's only one desi dude in it. I mean, really? A show about the tech industry and only ONE desi dude? (And no ladies, of course, but that's another story.) Still that one guy is pretty awesome. I love me some Kumail Nanjiani. He's hilarious. His bit on Portlandia?

----

We want you back, too, Manisha!

----

Sunny Deol isn't going to let his son's debut stop his playing hero. (Please let it, though, Sunny-uncle. You stick to giving us gems like "Chintu's son" in interviews.)

----

AND TRAILERS GALORE! FINALLY!

Ahhhh… Ek Villain looks promising!

----

*no comment*

*Maybe I'd watch it on an airplane or something.*

----

I've grown kind of obsessed with how cheesy Samrat & Co. looks…

2 comments:

DPSF said...

I like evil-looking Ritesh!

odadune said...

I have kind of mixed feelings about Gabbar moving to 2015. On the one hand, it's a reasonably good symbolic fit for the Republic Day weekend, for kind of similar reasons to Jai Ho (although the original leans harder on the vigilantism than the original of Jai Ho does and not quite so much on the humanitarianism although it is also present). On the other hand, yes I want it sooner, and I think it would have been a good fit for the 2-wks-after-Diwali slot in 2014, kind of like Ram Leela was last year: an angsty but stylized alternative to the happy holiday-friendly movie that had been running for a while.

On the third hand, I would be deeply annoyed by all the media drama that would result from Shock! Horror! an Akki film releasing a mere two weeks after an SRK/Farah movie. So maybe it is for the best.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl